Head of Department: Professor Vasily V. Vrublevskii
Department of Dynamic Geology was established in 1938 on the base of the cabinet at the Department of Physical Geology, Paleontology and Stratigraphy.
Teachers of the department lead the training field practice on general geology (1-year) in the environs of Tomsk and the multi-purpose educational geological survey practice (2nd year) on the basis of practices in the vicinity of the village Shira (North Khakassia).
Students have the industrial practice in scientific and industrial geological organizations of Siberia, the Urals, the Far East and other re-gions of Russia.
Students participate in the implementation of re-searches carried out by teachers of the department within the framework of scientific programs and grants of various levels. The results of these works are presented by students at scientific conferences and at the All-Russian open competition of re-search works.